Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Golden Globes 2010


One of the perks of working in a fine art gallery, is the many interesting people that walk through the door and become not only collectors, but friends. 

A few weeks ago, a client just back from Vietnam gave me a 24 hour heads up to be his plus one at the 2010 Golden Globes.  I had very little time to throw together a black tie/red carpet ready ensemble. Fortunately as the owner of Poshthreads.com, I have round the clock access to lots of fabulous formal wear.  I selected a baby blue St. John Knit embellished with paillettes and rhinestone buckles and was ready to be swept away by my pumpkin coach/town car.

It was certainly a Cinderella evening for me.  Sure there were oodles of celebrities, tons of hit or miss fashion to observe up close and flowing champagne, but my absolute favorite part of it all was the bathroom.

Now I am no stranger to a washroom stocked with gum, hair combs etc., but I was blown away by the set up at the Beverly Hilton restroom that evening.  Each time I entered, a team of hairstylists and makeup artists descended on me like a NASCAR pit crew. With every imaginable tool (hot rollers, flat irons, curling irons, lipsticks, eye shadow kits, etc.) to keep everyone "red carpet ready"  I,  along with real celebrities flocked to the restrooms every fifteen minutes to be pampered.  In addition, on your way out of the powder room, they handed you L'oreal goody bags with product.  Oh never have I rued using a vintage clutch instead of my much roomier gym bag as an accessory.

No comments:

Post a Comment